Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ex-Fifa official claims rule-makers could 'rewrite the law' after what he's seen at Blues




The ex-FIFA and Premier League referee, speaking exclusively to football insider, compared the new system to goalline technology.

Chelsea became the first Premier League team to have a match officiated by so-called ‘robot refereees’ when they faced Al-Hilal in the Club World Cup on Wednesday (9 February)

"My view is simpl after having been involved in goalline technology and Hawkeye’s introduction,” Hackett told the correspondent Ben Wild. 
“I have always made it clear that I don't want people involved in that system. 

“If they are going to have a robotic decision-making process, take away the human element.

“Rewrite the law if necessary. If I’m a fan on the terraces, I just want a decision that I can understand. 

“I want the confidence to say ‘I’m not questioning that’. No one questions goalline technology because it works. 

“That what this system has to achieve. But then you have the same problem as VAR when it comes to grassroots football. 

“You have robots in the Premier League but not in the EFL or in non-league.”


Post a Comment

0 Comments