Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Brighton players says he would consider Chelsea move – but not to sit on the bench

Players open up to the media in their home nations during the international break, and players who don't get much attention from the Sky Sports cameras are given microphones there. This always sparks a few intriguing stories.

This is the situation with Leandro Trossard today, who has been serving Belgium overseas. He was questioned about Graham Potter, who worked closely with the attacker at Brighton but has since moved on to become manager of Chelsea.

When asked if he would think about moving to West London, Trossard replied that he would, but not just to stand on the sidelines:

"I feel fantastic. We got off to a great start with Brighton. I have advanced greatly. I'm aware of how Premier League works. I’ve grown tremendously in that. Confidence, mentally, physically, … I have become better. I have mastered the tricks now,” he explained in quotes picked up by SportWitness.

“Our coach did leave for Chelsea now but speculations about me following him make no sense. If the opportunity arises, I want to go. But I want to play and not sit on the bench.”

As it stands, that’s exactly what he would have to do given the number of wingers in our squad. But if Potter decides he doesn’t like Hakim Ziyech and Christian Pulisic as long term options, and buyers can be found for both players, we may well see Trossard arrive as one of Potter’s trusted lieutenants.

Post a Comment

0 Comments