Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Barcelona ready to offer first-team star in a swap deal to sign Marcos Alonso

Premier League giants, Chelsea have reportedly been offered the chance to secure services of Barcelona right-back Sergino Dest as part of a swap deal for Marcos Alonso.

The latter’s career with the London giants has taken a turn for the better under Thomas Tuchel, and he has found back of the net four times and provided five assists in 28 Premier League appearances last campaign amid Ben Chilwell’s lengthy layoff.

Marcos Alonso will soon enter the one year of his Stamford Bridge deal, though, and La Liga giants, Barcelona are pushing hard to secure the services of the 31-year-old in the summer window.

The Spanish defender has also announced his desire to make a return to his homeland despite being content at Chelsea, telling OndaCero: “On paper I have one more year of contract and that is what there is until today.

“I’ve already said other times that I would like to [return to Spain] but it doesn’t depend entirely on me. There are two games left here [with Spain] and then it’s time to rest.

“I’ve played 50 games, we’ve been world champions, we’ve had bad luck in the cup finals. I can’t complain about anything at Chelsea but the desire to play in Spain is there. It doesn’t depend entirely on me and I’m happy at Chelsea, I’m sincere.”

According to 90Min, the Blues are willing to let Spanish full-back leave for Barcelona and could receive 21-year-old USA international Dest in the exchange.

The ex-Ajax man provided three assists in 31 games for Xavi’s team in all tournaments during the 2021-22 campaign, however, only started 17 La Liga games amid injury problems and competition from Brazilian, Dani Alves.

Post a Comment

0 Comments