Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ashley Cole says she will never forget the terror on her children's faces as knife robbers broke into her home.

ASHLEY Cole revealed today how the "terror" on his children's faces will never leave him after he was tied up in a knifepoint raid.

The ex-England star, 41, feared he would die as the masked raiders burst into his mansion and threatened to "chop off his fingers".

His hands were tied up as he held his young daughter while partner Sharon Canu rushed to their young son.

She could be heard begging officers for help in a chilling 999 call, saying: "Please, please someone is coming in the house."

The balaclava-clad robbers made off with five watches - three Rolexes, a Cartier, and a Tag - along with a handbag, mobile phones, a car key for a BMW and cash.

"Dominant and dangerous" Kurtis Dilks, 34, was convicted of being part of the gang that broke into ex-Chelsea star Cole's home in January 2020.

A further ten defendants were on trial alongside him for their parts in "ruthlessly executed" burglaries that did not relate to Cole.

This included a raid on ex-England footballer Tom Huddlestone's home and the theft of a £3.5million tiara.

Cole recalled the horror raid at his mansion as Dilks' was today sentenced to 30 years in jail with a five-year extended licence period.

The footballer was praised for his "courage and resilience" by Judge James Sampson following the "extremely terrifying" raid.

Cole said in a victim impact statement: "The picture of that night remains and impacts everything.

"The terror and confusion on my children's face is something that will never leave me.

"These images and thoughts will never, ever leave my mind and can pop up any time."

The court was previously told Cole had just got back from work with Chelsea's Under-15s before hearing a "banging sound".

He said he stepped out on the balcony and saw at least four intruders charging from a bush shouting "agh".

The left-back, who also played for Arsenal, said: "I knew now, I am going to die.

"I have got my kids in the house and I have no-one to help. I tried to shout on the balcony as loud as I could."

Growing emotional, he told police the robbers threatened to cut his hands and fingers as he desperately clung to his daughter.

One then demanded to to know where his cleaning products were kept.

Cole said: "I'm thinking he's either going to burn me or set me alight."

Post a Comment

0 Comments