Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Tuchel admits Spaniard has told him he wants to complete Chelsea transfer deal


In his tenure in west London, Azpilicueta has won the Champions League, the Europa League, and two Premier League championships, but because his contract expires at the end of the current campaign, there has been a lot of media conjecture.

The club captain wants to leave but does not want to submit a transfer request out of respect to the club he has served for ten years – with reports Barcelona are keen to sign the veteran right back.

Now – amid all the speculation – Thomas Tuchel has opened up and admitted that he totally understands the decision from Azpilicueta to join Barcelona at this stage of his career – but has admitted he wont be leaving for a bargain

“It’s a tough question because I am not sure if I want to give Azpi what he wants,” Tuchel was quoted on the SUN

“At some point it is about what we want. I made the comparison about how much we fought for Kalidou Koulibaly, who is a national team player and roughly the same age. I see [Azpilicueta] maybe at the same level but Barcelona don’t see him on that level.

“I said that to him … that I understand on a personal and a career level.

But I am not only in this role to give him what he wants. I am a manager for Chelsea who wants to do what’s best for Chelsea. He doesn’t like it but he understands.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments